Aims and Scope
The Journal will publish high-quality peer-reviewed articles addressing the biology and application of RNA interference and gene silencing in all systems. The Journal aims at providing an efficient route to fast-track publication, within 10-12 weeks of manuscript submission if accepted. Furthermore, manuscripts will be made available online in their final form generally within two weeks of acceptance.
The Journal will be primarily published online but on sufficient demand for printed version journal hard copies may also be provided to individuals and institutions.
Manuscripts in the following categories will be considered for publication: reviews and mini-reviews, research articles and short research reports, new methods and technologies, opinions on previously published literature, letters to the editor, meeting reports and commercial, patent and product news (inquiries to the Editor).
The general areas covered by the Journal include:
- Biology of RNA interference and gene silencing in all systems
- Application of RNA interference and gene silencing approaches: gene function analysis, drug target discovery and validation, therapeutic development, plant improvement and other biotechnological applications
- Technical and methodological advances in application, design/selection, production, chemical modification and exogenous and endogenous delivery of small interfering RNAs
- microRNAs and other regulatory small RNAs
- Transposon-mediated gene silencing and functional studies
- Genetic approaches to gene targeting and therapy
- Conventional antisense reagents, including antisense oligonucleotides, ribozymes and deoxyribozymes
Authors from laboratories with limited resources from developing countries are particularly welcome and will receive discount on publication charges.